TMJ Treatment in Torrance, CA
Imagine Your Life Without TMJ Pain
As TMJ disorder sufferers everywhere can attest, living with constant or even episodic jaw pain, headaches, pain upon chewing and other unfavorable symptoms certainly impacts quality of life. When these debilitating, painful symptoms threaten your ability to eat and talk comfortably, cause you to take time away from work and keep you from doing the things you love, it is time to take action.
Dr. Kayvon Javid, Dr. Mariam Nadi and Dr. Teresa Tran provide relief from TMJ problems, offering successful treatment solutions that get you back to living a pain-free, enjoyable life. Contact us today for your personalized TMJ consultation.Contact Us About a Free Consultation
Understanding TMJ and Its Symptoms
The condition known as TMJ, or TMD, affects the temporomandibular joints (TMJ), which allow for jaw movement. When these joints become overworked or damaged, or the muscles surrounding them inflamed, pain, tenderness and difficulty with oral function result.
Get Back to Pain-Free, Comfortable Living
Overcome jaw pain and headaches from TMJ and get back to enjoying your life with effective treatment solutions from Dr. Javid, Dr. Nadi and Dr. Tran. Our experienced doctors have completed extensive training in TMJ therapy and remain dedicated to staying abreast of current concepts, techniques and procedures in their field.
As part of this effort, they hold current memberships with the American Dental Association, California Dental Association and other organizations working to advance modern dentistry. Our doctors are proud to offer the advanced skills and compassionate chairside manner you and your family members deserve.
The Dangers of Teeth Grinding
While a number of factors lead to jaw joint problems, teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism) is often a contributor to TMJ. This habit additionally causes wear on the chewing surfaces of teeth, leading to an unevenness in the way the upper and lower teeth meet. Combined, teeth grinding and bite discrepancies perpetuate the cycle of TMJ unless effective intervention or occlusal (bite) adjustment occurs.
Symptoms of TMJ problems include:
- Jaw and facial pain or tenderness
- Head, neck, shoulder or ear pain
- Toothaches or generalized tooth pain
- Chronic or episodic headaches
- Difficulty opening or closing the mouth
- Jaw locking in an open position
- Clicking, popping or grating sounds in the jaw joints
Relief for TMJ Sufferers
Together, our doctors work to alleviate TMJ-related symptoms and restore harmony to your jaw joints. Effective treatment solutions include:
- Occlusal Splint Therapy: Wearing a special, custom-made nightguard to prevent teeth grinding from occurring during sleep.
- Occlusal (Bite) Adjustment: Removing chewing surface interferences between the upper and lower teeth, allowing them to meet together properly.
- BOTOX®: Relieves jaw tension, jaw pain, muscle tightness and headaches by temporarily disengaging muscle contraction.
- Palliative Therapies: Application of hot and warm compresses, taking