Sedation Dentistry in San Pedro, CA
Sedation Options for Every Patient
- Nitrous Oxide
- Used for any treatment from routine cleanings to implant procedures, nitrous oxide is an odorless gas inducing calm and euphoria during the dental visit. Children, teens and adults experiencing mild to moderate anxiety all benefit from the relaxing effects of “laughing gas.”
- Oral Sedation
- Taking an oral sedative pill (often Halcion) prior to the appointment renders those with moderate dental fear relaxed and completely ready for procedures such as fillings, root canals and crowns, or even more complex oral surgery or dental implant visits. Dr. Javid and Dr. Nadi have received specialized training and certification to provide oral sedation.
- IV Sedation
- Our Board Certified Anesthesiologist safely administers IV conscious sedation for patients of all ages with moderate to severe anxiety, and those with extensive treatment needs. When receiving services such as extractions, implant surgeries or multiple procedures like full mouth reconstruction, patients choosing IV sedation remain awake, pain-free and responsive, but unlikely to remember much of the dental visit.
- General Anesthesia
- When children, teenagers or adult patients experience severe anxiety or have behavioral, medical or other challenges preventing treatment, our Board Certified Anesthesiologist is here to provide general anesthesia for painless dental procedures. Patients’ receiving general anesthesia remain unconscious throughout the visit and have no memory of treatment.
- Local Anesthetic
- Dr. Javid and Dr. Nadi have years of experience providing gentle administration of local anesthetics. Often used in combination with oral sedation and nitrous oxide, or on its own, local anesthetic numbs soft and hard tissues for comfortable dental procedures like periodontal and oral surgeries, fillings, crowns and root canals.
Your Care, Your Choice, Your Smile
From regular, routine dental care to specialized procedures, you and your family members have access to painless, enjoyable visits with our convenient sedation options. Dr. Javid and Dr. Nadi are committed to providing the most advanced, comfortable care anywhere, staying current with sedation and other technologies through professional memberships and continuing education. Contact our office today for more information about your options for painless, anxiety-free dental services from our gentle, caring team.